Phipps Neighborhoods provides children and teens with a safe, structured environment where they can do homework, participate in activities that enrich learning, and enjoy a fun, social experience outside of school hours. We operate after-school programs that supplement the school curriculum and encourage creativity, confidence, teamwork, and communication skills. All programs provide children with a healthy snack and/or hot meal. Many locations also operate on weekends and during school holidays.
Phipps Neighborhoods after-school programming features:
- Project Based Learning: An interdisciplinary instructional model that allows youth to explore their interests and answer their questions about the world
- Independent Reading
- Homework Assistance: Adult instructors and teen mentors work with individual students
- Literacy Instruction: Small-group activities help kids practice and improve reading and writing
- Sports and Recreation: Children can choose from tennis, volleyball, soccer, basketball, martial arts, yoga, cooking, games, and community projects
- Visual and Performing Arts: Professional artists and instructors help kids develop creative arts skills, express themselves, and share their talents
- Computer Instruction: Computer-based activities develop literacy, math, and research skills.
- Environmental Studies: Gardening and environmental projects are organized by the Phipps Greening staff in partnership with Bronx River Alliance, New York Botanical Garden, and NYC Parks Department
- Workshops and Trips: Hands-on group activities and supervised trips expose kids to museums, cultural events, and outdoor recreation.
For more information about any of these programs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Phipps Neighborhoods
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources.
We’re dedicated to our neighborhoods for the long term, supporting individuals and families as they establish self-sufficiency. Our services create opportunities for people to thrive in every aspect of their lives.