Phipps Neighborhoods is constantly measuring, reflecting on, and tweaking our programs to better support our communities in New York City through S.M.A.R.T. Goals. Many nonprofits can do good, but we want to be great! S.M.A.R.T. Goals are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-based goals that reflect the organization-wide and division priorities that we want to hold ourselves accountable to during the fiscal year. These are Phipps Neighborhoods SMART Goals for Fiscal Year 2017.
Phipps Neighborhoods Amplifying Impact SMART Goals
Schools and Community Education
1. Universal Pre-K: 80% of our prekindergarten students will increase their Cognitive skills as measured by the Teaching Strategies Gold assessment.
2. K-8 After-School Programming: 50% of our 4th and 8th grade Afterschool participant’s will improve their ELA and Math proficiency as measured by the state common core exams.
3. MS-HS Community Center Programming: 90% of 8th grade students who participate at a Phipps Neighborhoods community center will display increased knowledge about higher education access and opportunities, as measured by a pre and post assessment survey.
4. Community School Programming: At least 25% of all community school students will have a parent or family member attend a community school event AND be referred to an internal or external program, as measured by Salesforce referrals.
Learning and Career Development
5. Learning and Career Development: 80% of the following LCD program participants in Arches, Justice Corps, Opportunity Youth, Young Adult Literacy Program and 65% in Adult Literacy (Pre-HSE), ESOL and Technology (Community Class) will have a resume and cover letter upcoming program completion including completing an “Education and Vocational Assessment.”
6. Community Resources: 80% of program participants in the Community Resources Division will create, understand, and utilize the budget tool.