Phipps Neighborhoods provides children and teens with a safe, structured environment where they can do homework, participate in activities that enrich learning, and enjoy a fun, social experience outside of school hours. We operate after-school programs that supplement the school curriculum and encourage creativity, confidence, teamwork, and communication skills. All programs provide children with a healthy snack and/or hot meal. Many locations also operate on weekends and during school holidays.
Phipps Neighborhoods partners with twelve schools to provide engaging after school for hundreds of students each year. These schools include:
- Bronx Leadership Academy High School (9th – 12th grade)
- Crotona Park West Community Center (6th – 8th grade)
- C.S. 44 (K – 5th grade)
- East Bronx Academy for the Future (6th – 12th grade)
- Fannie Lou Hammer Middle School (6th – 8th grade)
- I.S. 313 School of Leadership Development Middle School (6th – 8th grade)
- Metropolitan High School (9th – 12th grade)
- Mohegan CS 67 (K – 5th grade)
- Phipps Plaza After School Program (K – 5th grade)
- P.S. 68 (K – 5th grade)
- P.S. 110 (K – 5th grade)
- Richard R. Green Campus – Leaders of Tomorrow (6th – 8th grade)
- Richard R. Green Campus – North Bronx School of Empowerment (6th – 8th grade)
Phipps Neighborhoods after school programming features:
- Project Based Learning: An interdisciplinary instructional model that allows youth to explore their interests and answer their questions about the world
- Homework Assistance: Adult instructors and teen mentors work with individual students
- Literacy Instruction: Small-group activities help kids practice and improve reading and writing
- Social Emotional Learning: Staff intentionally develop students’ ability to identify and navigate their emotions while developing the interpersonal skills necessary for long-term academic, professional, and social success.
- Sports and Recreation: Children can choose from tennis, volleyball, soccer, basketball, martial arts, yoga, cooking, games, and community projects
- Visual and Performing Arts: Professional artists and instructors help kids develop creative arts skills, express themselves, and share their talents
- Computer Instruction: Computer-based activities develop literacy, math, and research skills.
- Environmental Studies: Gardening and environmental projects are organized by the Phipps Greening staff in partnership with Bronx River Alliance, New York Botanical Garden, and NYC Parks Department
- Workshops and Trips: Hands-on group activities and supervised trips expose kids to museums, cultural events, and outdoor recreation.
For more information about Elementary and Middle after-school services, contact Joseph Verneen at email@example.com
For more information about High School after-school services, contact Michael Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Phipps Neighborhoods
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through workforce and education programs, and access to community and economic empowerment resources.
We’re dedicated to our neighborhoods for the long term, supporting individuals and families as they establish self-sufficiency. Our services create opportunities for people to thrive in every aspect of their lives.