Phipps Neighborhoods Community Schools extend beyond school walls by working with community partners to impact student achievement.
The Community School model is a strategy for organizing the resources of a community around student success. Community School students benefit from coordinated services and extended hours in an environment where families and school partners work together to support students’ educational success, build stronger families and improve communities. The main components of a community school are:
- A strong core instructional program
- Expanded learning opportunities and academic intervention services
- Strong family and community involvement
- A coordinated range of mental health and social services.
Phipps Neighborhoods partners with eight schools located in five campuses to facilitate the community school model. These schools include:
- East Bronx Academy for the Future (6th – 12th grade)
- Leadership Institute (9 – 12th grade)
- Metropolitan High School (9 – 12th grade)
- Young Scholars Academy of the Bronx (6 – 8th grade)
- Leaders of Tomorrow (6 – 8th grade)
Phipps Neighborhoods Community Schools leverage the organization’s long standing history of providing coordinated services within Bronx Neighborhoods. Our vision is to collaborate with school leadership to implement a full community school model focusing on:
- Academic enhancement
- Workforce training and participation
- Health promotion and healthcare
- Counseling and mentoring
- Legal and housing services
- Financial empowerment
- Arts and cultural activities
- Civic engagement
For more information about any of these programs, contact email@example.com.
About Phipps Neighborhoods
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources.
We’re dedicated to our neighborhoods for the long term, supporting individuals and families as they establish self-sufficiency. Our services create opportunities for people to thrive in every aspect of their lives.